Programs that Protect: Preventative Services for Risk Management
We provide the following services to protect employers from expensive litigation, and protect their valuable trade secrets and customers from being taken.
- Review and update employee handbooks to be compliant with current law.
- Inspect employer compliance with wage & hour laws, and ensure proper classification of employees to avoid expensive overtime lawsuits under the Fair Labor Standards Act and audits by the Dept of Labor.
- Draft and negotiate employment contracts and Non-Compete Agreements.
- Draft Agreements for the Protection of Trade Secrets (which can sometimes include customer lists) and Confidential Information.
- Draft Severance Agreements and Release of Claims to reduce the risk of litigation by departing employees.
- Train companies and their staff on various aspects of employment law to mitigate the risk of future litigation. Topics include:
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination: including Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination, gender role discrimination, failure to promote, unwanted sexual advances, comments and innuendo (hostile environment).
- Age Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination and Reasonable Accommodation Requests
- Religious Discrimination
- Preventing Retaliation against victims of harassment or discrimination
- Proper interviewing, hiring and firing practices (to avoid pitfalls that could lead to claims of discrimination and wrongful termination).
- Management of Disability, Illness and Injury issues under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Drug and alcohol testing policies.
- Employee privacy rights.
- Creating a Respectful Workplace (to reduce expensive employee turnover and improve employee morale and productivity).
- I-9 and E-Verify Compliance
Call us at 303-785-7783 or send us an e.mail to info@CynthiaWellbrock.com